Facchiano was charged in Florida along with other reputed members of an aging Genovese Crime Family wing. Prosecutors accused him of participating in rackets involving robberies, money-laundering and bank fraud between 2000 and 2003. He was also indicted last year in New York on charges of trying to locate and intimidate a government witness in 2005.
In declining health, he is likely to receive a sentence of house arrest. Sentencing is scheduled for May 25, according to a story by Jessica Gresko of the AP.
- Ruggiero admits to being Genovese capo 02-02-07
- Facchiano indicted in two states 01-04-07
- Guilty plea from Fla. Genovese associate 12-30-06
- Florida Mafia case based on wiretaps 08-16-06
- Four Floridians held without bail 07-08-06
- Feds break up Florida arm of Genovese family 07-01-06