Carmine Dominicus, 43, of 7 Bragdon Ave., Danbury, CT, was sentenced March 14 to six months of home confinement and two years of probation for conspiring to defraud the IRS through a no-show job with Automated Waste Disposal (AWD) of Danbury, according to a press release by the U.S. Attorney of the District of Connecticut. He was also fined $40,000.
In June 2006, Dominicus was named along with 28 other people and 10 businesses, including AWD, in a racketeeering indictment. He pleaded guilty to a single count in the indictment, acknowledging that he received employee compensation, health insurance benefits and the use of a company vehicle from January 2000 to July 2005 though he provided no employee services to AWD.
Last month, Anna Priskie, 45, of Deerfield Lane, Cortland Manor, NY, received an identical sentence. She also pleaded guilty to holding a no-show job with AWD.
Matthew "Matty the Horse" Ianniello, bigshot in the Genovese Crime Family, was named in the original indictment, as was western Connecticut trash hauling czar James Galante of New Fairfield, CT. They were charged with leading a "property rights" racket in the waste hauling industry. Through that racket, company territories would be secured, eliminating competition and allowing higher prices to be charged to customers.
Ianniello pleaded guilty to racketeering in December. Galante maintains his innocence.
Related MobNews posts:
- Text of Ianniello plea agreement 12-21-06
- Ianiello pleads guilty to trash racketeering 12-20-06
- School bus union boss charged with racketeering 11-21-2006
- NYC schoolbus drivers want mob out of union 11-09-2006
- Galante employee admits hockey-trash link 11-02-2006
- CT mulls waste hauling regulation 09-24-06
- 'Matty the Horse' pleads guilty to racketeering 09-15-06
- Feds: Galante diverted millions 08-10-06
- Galante waste companies could be sold 07-17-06
- Trash racket defendants want court delay 07-12-06
- Indicted garbage co. tries to hold onto contracts 07-10-06
- Strict conditions set for Galante release 07-01-06
- Trash king Galante to stay in jail for now 06-28-06
- Feds run CT waste biz 06-13-06
- Indicted hauler's hockey team suspends operations 06-13-06
- 29 charged in CT-NY trash hauling rackets 06-10-06
- Garbage 'property rights' 04-28-06
- Guilty hauler 04-28-06